Enbridge Home Weatherization Retrofit Program
Enbridge is currently offering insulation and draft proofing at no charge to the homeowner for Enbridge Gas customers who qualify.
Green Venture, a member of Green Communities Canada, is pleased to offer Enbridge Gas Distribution's Home Weatherization Retrofit Program in the Niagara Region. Green Venture has years of experience in home energy assessment programs such as EnerGuide and ecoENERGY, and is committed to our communities and our environment.
Are you spending too much on your Enbridge Gas bill?
If you're in financial need, this free program can help to:
- Lower your bills
- Cut your natural gas use
- Make your home more comfortable
Benefits and Savings
There are many great reasons to take part in the Enbridge Gas Distribution's Home Weatherization Retrofit Program:
- Lower energy bills: Improve the efficiency of your home and you could lower energy use up to 30% (GreenSaver statistic).
- Increased comfort: Keep your home at a comfortable temperature while reducing monthly energy costs.
- Improve home health: Living in drafty conditions can be hard on your health. But with the appropriate improvements, you can create a safer, healthier home.
- Contribute to a healthier environment: By using less energy, you're helping to create a cleaner world for everyone.
- Increase home resale value: Energy-efficient homes are more attractive to prospective buyers.
In the winter, warm air escapes your house through small leaks and through walls and ceilings with poor insulation. Your gas heater has to work harder to keep the temperature at a comfortable level, which means you are paying extra on your heating bill. You could be losing up to 30% of the heat in your home to poor insulation.
If your application is approved, an energy adviser will contact you to schedule a visit to your home.
The first visit will take about 3 hours and usually includes inspection of your:
- Wall and foundation insulation
- Heating system
- Water heater
- Ventilation system
Your adviser can also suggest tips for saving energy and lowering your bills.
Your energy adviser may recommend some upgrades that can help you save energy. In such case, trained contractors will return at a later date-if your home can achieve a minimum level of energy savings economically-to make them. There is no charge for these upgrades.
Possible improvements could include:
- Draft-proofing: Including caulking and weatherstripping around doors and door frames, window casings, headers and baseboards, as well as attic hatches.
- Insulation work: Including insulation in wood-framed wall cavities and crawl spaces, attics and basement walls.
A few weeks after the work is complete, you'll receive a second assessment of your home to measure its increased energy efficiency.
There is no charge for this or any visit - Enbridge Gas Distribution is generously paying for all costs associated with this program as part of their conservation measures.
Upon completion of your upgrades, you can anticipate lower energy consumption-and lower monthly bills.
It's that simple!
In order to qualify for this program, you must be an Enbridge Gas Distribution customer and meet the following:
1. Your household benefits from one or more of the following programs:
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program (adult household income must not exceed amounts outlined below)
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Allowance for Survivors
- National Child Benefit Supplement
2. You also qualify if your household income (before tax income of all household members 18 years or older) is no more than the amounts on this chart:
Maximum Gross Annual Income
Seven People or More
And all of the following must apply:
- You must live in the Niagara Region. Similar programs exist in the City of Toronto, Peel, Durham or York Regions, or in the City of Ottawa, counties of Prescott and Russell, Leeds and Grenville, Dundas, Glengarry and Stormont, Renfrew, Lanark. Please contact Enbridge Gas Distribution for information on those areas.
- You must own or rent from a private landlord a detached, semi-detached house, row house or mobile home that was built at least 30 years ago (in general terms, only houses built before 1980).
- You must have a valid Enbridge Gas Distribution account number and pay your own natural gas bill.
- Your home must be heated by natural gas.
- Please note that only applications received before November 30, 2013 will be eligible for 2013 retrofits. However, applications received after that date will be potentially eligible for in the following year, if the program is renewed.
You must submit proof of eligibility with your application. Proof of eligibility includes a copy (no originals, please) of your most recent income tax assessment or a copy of your benefit statement, and a valid Enbridge Gas Distribution account number.
Your privacy is important to us. We do not require Social Insurance Numbers for your application. You can black these out on your documents. We will securely destroy confidential documents once we assess your eligibility.
How to Apply
Enbridge Gas Distribution customers who meet the eligibility criteria can apply as follows:
- Print and complete the application available for download below.
- Send it to Green Venture, along with proof of eligibility.
Send your application to our address:
22 Veevers Drive
Hamilton, ON L8K 5P8
Tel: 1-866-540-8866 x 114
Make sure you complete your application correctly, or it may take longer to process. And be sure to ask us any questions you may have-we're here to help.
(Please note that it can take several weeks from the time your application is approved to the time work begins.)
|Enbridge Application Form 2013.pdf||129.94 KB|